Welcome!

Welcome to My New Homestead! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, sit back and follow my husband and I on our journey to a simpler life.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." — Prov. 31:10

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm So Excited!

I just sold 5 dozen eggs! I'm so happy right now I could just spit. LOL! I know, that's disgusting, but it's one of my favourite sayings. ;)

I placed an ad on http://kijiji.ca yesterday for the eggs and also for some bulbs I've dug up from my one garden (photo's coming soon, I promise!). Today a couple came and bought eggs and took some bulbs too! Isn't that cool?

I now have enough money in my pocket to buy more chicken feed. Which is good, because I just emptied the bag this morning.

And I still have 3 dozen eggs in my fridge, not counting the carton we're eating from. And tomorrow I'll gather at least another dozen. I love having chickens!

5 comments:

Sandi said...

well that sounds great!

My New Homestead said...

Thanks Sandi! As you can tell, I'm horribly excited. ;)

Anonymous said...

YAY! So happy you sold some of your eggs! My hens have stopped laying! I don't know what's up with them...I think they may be molting.
I hope you can sell lots more!

*Tanyetta* said...

I love buying eggs from our local farmer's market now I understand what the chicken owners excitement is about when we buy their eggs :)

Unknown said...

That sounds good! Good for you! oh and by the way,
A world-class and captivating event is happening this March 9 to 13 at Rogers Arena in Vancouver – Cirque Du Soleil’s Quidam!. You can win 2 tickets courtesy of Coquitlam Centre easily by uploading your best Quidam photo. The photo with the most likes wins the 2 tickets! This is an opportunity you wouldn't want to miss.