Welcome!

Welcome to My New Homestead! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, sit back and follow my husband and I on our journey to a simpler life.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." — Prov. 31:10

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

*********

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our day to day lives, so inundated with doom and gloom from the news and those around us who are feeling the pinch, we forget to thank God for all He has done for us. But, as you can see (and probably already knew!) it's right there, in the Bible that we are to be joyful, pray continually and give thanks NO MATTER WHAT, in all circumstances.

That's a tough one, I know. When your furnace is broken, you have no idea how you're going to pay for it and winter is coming; when the bills are piling up and no money is coming in; when you lose a loved one; when everything looks grim, how in the world are we to be thankful? What are we to thank God for when nothing looks positive?

It's very important that we look to the positives in our lives. Did you wake up this morning? Well, thank God that you did! Do you have a family that loves you? Do you have a church family that prays for you? Are you assured of your Salvation through the Blood of Jesus? Well then, we need to get on our knees and thank God that we do!

So, to help myself and in the process anyone who stops by here, I've decided to start a Thankful Thursday posting. I will post here a few things that I am thanking God for today. I encourage you to do the same.

I will be making a button soon for people to grab to put on your blog to show that you've taken part in Thankful Thursday.

Here is my Thankful Thursday list:

1. My new Homestead. We wouldn't be here without God's help.
2. My children and husband. They are truly the most important thing to me here on this earth.
3. I have heat!
4. I have a Heavenly Father that I can put my trust in. He will not fail me!
5. I have food in my cupboards to feed my family, where so many don't.

I could go on and on, but I think I'll stop at 5.

What are you thankful for this Thursday?

1 comment:

Lethally Blonde said...

Amen. Not only do we all have a lot to be thankful for now-even though circumstances sometimes make it hard to see-we also have hope and promise for the future. We as Christians have the security of knowing that one day all the problems of this world will pass away and be replaced by an abundant, eternal life with the Lord. We must be of good cheer. God is faithful and good at all times. We must keep our eyes on the prize by looking not left or right, but UP!