Welcome!

Welcome to My New Homestead! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, sit back and follow my husband and I on our journey to a simpler life.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." — Prov. 31:10

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Introducing The Frugal Times!

In these uncertain times, we're all looking for ways to cut costs and live a more simple, frugal life. In fact, that is what this blog is all about, my family's journey towards living that kind of life.

I ran a poll on the first My New Homestead blog. The question was "With the economy in the shape it is, are you trying to live a more simple, frugal life?" or something along those lines. Quite a few people answered yes, but what I found mostly was that more people wanted to, but didn't know how.

I'm learning as I go. There is still a lot I don't know about living a simple, frugal lifestyle. But, I realized I'm not alone! Isn't that great? That means that you're not either!

So, to help myself and all of you, I've decided to put out a weekly newsletter entitled The Frugal Times. I'll be posting it here and it will have tips and hints, frugal recipes, cleaning tips, organizing tips, money saving ideas, frugal craft ideas, frugal decorating ideas, whatever I happen to have handy when I'm writing it. ;)

I'll be looking for contributors too. So, if you have something to share for The Frugal Times, email me and I'll be sure to add it in!

I hope this will be helpful to someone other than myself. But if nothing else, I will have fun doing it!

I'm working on the first issue right now. It should be up later today or tomorrow, then will run every Monday from there.

I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: