Welcome!

Welcome to My New Homestead! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, sit back and follow my husband and I on our journey to a simpler life.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." — Prov. 31:10

Friday, October 31, 2008

What A Sale!!

I am so excited right now. I just got our weekly, free newspaper. I was flipping through the sales fliers to see if there was anything good and darn near fell off my chair.

At A&P this week, whole chickens are on buy one get one FREE!! I couldn't believe my eyes! Now, the price per pound is $2.99 which is no great deal, but hey, free is free, right? Even if I pay $10.00 for one, I'm getting two chickens for $5.00 each.

And oh how I can make a whole chicken stretch! Did you know that you can get at least 2 meals out of one chicken? More if you make soup with the leftovers.

I am sending hubby over first thing tomorrow morning after he's done work to pick up 2 chickens, which will give us 4. I'm also going to stop by and pick up a few more when I go in to the Mission tomorrow afternoon. And I may just pick up a few more on Sunday when I go to my mom and dads for lunch. We'll have to see how the budget sits by then. I will definitely be getting as many as I can afford though.

God is so great!!

8 comments:

TJACK said...

I love Buy 1, Get 1! I'm so jealous because I just paid $16.00 for a chicken and I thought that was a bargain! (These are free range/cage free birds.) I wish I could find those Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!

My New Homestead said...

I know, I'm so excited right now! We have 6 in our freezer and it cost us only $36.00, Canadian!!

Lethally Blonde said...

I love the buy one get one frees too! I get all excited! LOL Unfortunately I don't think they have A&Ps here anymore. Bi-Lo (in the south) offers a lot of buy one get one frees though and I always stock up there. Winn-Dixie used to have buy one get TWO frees but I don't think they are in business anymore. Ahhh that was the good ol' days. LOL

Michaelle said...

Hi! Found you over at the The Mom Blogs. I have you bookmarked and will add you to my bloglist as soon as I update it.

Cute blog! I think you are on the right track.

Come visit me at Monkey's Momma and visit my other two blogs while you are there!

LadyD said...

Hi! I came over to visit you from the Momblogs, what a great site you have! I will add you to my Linky Love when I get a chance:)
Have a great day!

Clutch That! said...

Oh yea, I'm all about the buy one get one free deals. How do you stretch one bird so far? Are recipes on the horizen?

Dusty (To the Moon and Back) said...

I stopped over from the Mom Blogs forum! Hello!

That is a good deal! I wish I could find a deal like that around here, but then again, I cannot stomach cutting up whole chickens. lol.

Stop by my blog when you get a chance!

Penelope said...

Wow, that is a good deal!

Are you still looking for Christian mom bloggers to link up with? I have a site at: http://penelopesoasis.blogspot.com/

I'm a frugal mom too :)